Artichoke & Almond Stuffed Chicken Breast
Toasted crushed almond meal and artichoke hearts stuffed chicken breasts, seared in coconut oil.
4 NatureRaised Farms® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1/3 cup Slivered almonds
1 lemon, juiced
2 cups cold water
4 artichokes hearts, diced
4 scallions, minced
3½ Tablespoons coconut oil
Sea salt & pepper to taste
- In a dry medium sized skillet over medium-low heat, toast the almonds for 7 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Toss every 2 minutes to avoid burning. Once cool, grind to a mealy consistency in a food processor.
- Immerse the diced artichoke hearts in the water and lemon juice to prevent oxidation.
- In a medium frying pan, sauté the artichokes and scallions in 1 Tablespoon of the coconut oil over medium-low heat for 10 minutes covered or until artichokes are tender. Remove from heat and add the almond meal, salt and pepper. Stir well to combine and set aside.
- Slice 2” cuts length-wise into the thickest portion of the chicken breasts creating a pocket. Fill with stuffing and seal shut with toothpicks or threaded butcher’s twine. Lightly season the outside of the breasts.
- In a large sauté pan, heat the coconut oil over medium-heat. Gently sauté the stuffed breasts for 15 minutes or and reaches internal temp of 165 degrees; turn once.