Total Time 30 min.
Preparation 15 min.
Cook 15 min.
Offer the pleasures of a simple, rustic Italian entrée with a butterflied, thinly pounded chicken breast dusted in flour and covered in egg batter with light panko crumb breading. Pan sauté until golden and serve sizzling hot with fresh Italian salad tossed in lemon vinaigrette with shaved Parmesan cheese, tomato and red onion.
4 NatureRaised Farms® Thin Sliced Boneless Skinless Breasts
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 Tablespoons milk
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
1 Tablespoon parsley, fresh, minced
Kosher salt & black pepper, to taste
¾ cup butter
¼ cup lemon juice
¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
Fresh Italian Salad
1 cup Italian lettuce blend, fresh
2 Tablespoons red onion (1 ounce), sliced
½ each lemon, cut into wedges
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Combine lettuce, onions, lemon wedges, lemon juice and olive oil in bowl and toss to blend; set aside.
- Lay each fillet on clean work surface.
- Combine egg and milk in a shallow bowl and whisk to blend; set aside.
- Combine breadcrumbs, parsley, salt and pepper in large shallow bowl and stir to blend; set aside.
- Pour flour in a shallow bowl and dredge each fillet in flour; shake off excess. Dip each fillet in egg batter; drain off excess. Dredge each fillet in breadcrumbs; shake off excess and place on sheet pan lined with baking paper.Discard any excess batter.
- Heat ¼ cup of butter in skillet; add fillets and cook on each side for 3 to 5 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F and fillets are golden; transfer fillets to plate and set aside.
- Add remaining butter and lemon juice to skillet and heat for 30 to 45 seconds or until sizzling hot; pour over fillets. Garnish fillet with 1 Tablespoon cheese.