Grilled Chicken Bolognese
Total Time 1 hr., 20 min.
Preparation 10 min.
Marination 30 min.
Cook 40 min.
Spice up your menu with a sophisticated and delicious twist on traditional spaghetti. Grilled rosemary chicken is simmered in a marinara sauce flavored with white wine and fresh herbs and tossed with pasta. Serve with a side salad or prosciutto-wrapped cantaloupe to complete the meal.
4 NatureRaised Farms® Fresh Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
⅓ cup water
2 Tablespoons rosemary, fresh, minced
½ cup olive oil, divided
4½ Tablespoons garlic, minced, divided
¼ cup lemon juice, fresh
Salt and pepper to taste
1 pound spaghetti, cooked and drained
1 medium onion, diced
1½ Tablespoons parsley, fresh, chopped
1 Tablespoon basil, fresh, chopped
2 teaspoons thyme, fresh, chopped
⅓ cup white wine
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup marinara sauce
¼ cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- In a small saucepan, bring ⅓ cup water and rosemary to a boil; remove from heat, cover and let seep for 5 minutes.
- Transfer rosemary and water to a blender and add ¼ cup olive oil, ¼ cup lemon juice, 3 Tablespoons garlic, and salt and pepper to taste. Puree until smooth.
- In a shallow baking dish, combine chicken and puree, turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat grill to medium.
- Remove chicken from marinade. Grill, basting frequently with the marinade. Cook 20 to 25 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Let cool and dice. Set aside.Discard unused marinade.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in large pan over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring for 5 minutes. Add the remaining garlic, parsley, basil, and thyme, and cook for 2 minutes. Add the chicken, salt, pepper, wine and chicken broth. Simmer until liquid is reduced by half. Add marinara sauce and simmer, stirring often, for an additional 5 minutes. Add pasta to pan and toss to coat with sauce. Plate and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.