Hawaiian Chicken Sandwich
2 lbs. NatureRaised Farms® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, approximately 4 pieces
½ cup low sodium soy sauce
4 slices Swiss cheese
1 (8 ounce) can sliced pineapple, juice reserved for marinade
1 red onion, sliced into rings
4 pretzel buns
¼ cup Dijon mustard
- Combine the chicken, soy sauce and reserved pineapple juice in a plastic zip bag; refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Prepare your outdoor grill by spraying with cooking spray. Preheat grill over medium-low heat (350°F-375°F).
- Cook the chicken on one side of the grill for 20-25 minutes; flipping often, until the internal temperature reaches 170°F. (To prevent cross contamination; be prepared to use two pairs of tongs. Use one pair of tongs for the raw chicken. You will only need this pair for the first flip of the chicken. The additional pair can be used to flip the cooked chicken and vegetables.). When the chicken is finished, place the slices of cheese over each piece.
- On the opposite side of the grill, cook the pineapple slices and onions for 10 minutes; flip often, until lightly charred on all sides.
- On the same side of the grill as the pineapple and onion slices, toast the buns on the cut sides.
- To build the sandwiches; spread the mustard on the bottom bun and layer the chicken with the pineapple and onion.