Italian Chicken & Cheese Frittata
Serving size: 4
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 12-15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Who doesn’t love a delicious 1 pan recipe…especially when the protein packed flavors fuel you up for your active day ahead. We especially enjoy this at a family brunch.
NatureRaised Farms® Gluten Free Grilled Chicken Breast Strips are quickly sautéed with fresh cherry tomatoes, aromatic basil and chopped spinach – then sprinkled with shredded mozzarella/parmesan cheese and mixed with eggs & milk…all cooked & baked to fluffy indulgence.
1 (12 ounce) bag NatureRaised Farms® Gluten Free Grilled Chicken Breast Strips, thawed, rough chopped
8 large eggs
½ cup whole milk
1 tablespoon olive oil
8 cherry tomatoes, halved
2 tablespoons freshly chopped basil
2 cups baby spinach
¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons ground parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl (no shells), add the milk and whisk to thoroughly & evenly combine. Reserve.
- Heat the oil, in an oven-proof skillet over medium-high. Add chicken and tomato and cook for 2 minutes. Add basil and spinach just to combine, heating for 10-15 seconds only. Add the egg mixture and the mozzarella & parmesan cheese. Stir to combine evenly, until the egg mixture starts to set; approximately 2 minutes. Remove from heat and place in the oven and cook for 8-10 minutes. To remove the whole frittata from the pan: place a clean cutting board on top of the skillet then slowly flip the board and pan over together, so the frittata is now on the cutting board. You can now gently turn the frittata right side up with a spatula or use a plate to flip it right side up from the cutting board. Let cool slightly before slicing.
- o serve: Slice the frittata into 4 equal wedges and place 1 wedge on each of 4 plates. Serve hot and enjoy!
- Offers the family a protein rich, gluten free meal option and tasty alternative to cereal in the morning, via a low difficulty to prepare dish.
- The frittata can be made 1 day before. Slice and serve chilled or warm (in the microwave or oven) for a quick & healthy on the go breakfast.
- Makes a fabulous family brunch offering. Also can be enjoyed at breakfast, snack time, lunch, and dinner or on the go.
- Turn this into a lunch (or dinner) meal by pairing a warm slice of frittata with your favorite family side salad and/or fresh garden vegetables.
- Make a skinny frittata (not as thick in volume) and serve 1 whole skinny frittata (1 for each person) topped with dressed salad greens for lunch or dinner. Use a ratio of 4 eggs + ¼ C milk + veggies/seasonings and use an 8” non-stick sauté pan.
- Chilled slices of frittata make a great kids lunch box item or parent “bagged” office lunch.
- You could also use any of your favorite tomato varieties and/or mix match colors & varieties. Chopped sun-dried tomatoes or fresh Pico de Gallo would also be nice.
- Use fresh & naturally creamy basil pesto vs. fresh basil leaves, in the recipe.
- Use a non-stick pan (with non-rubber handle) to prepare this recipe. The non-rubber handle allows the pan to be placed in the oven, for cooking.
- Cook the frittata in a cast iron pan and present the frittata in the pan, on your family table. It gives a rustic “wow” factor!
- You can also use egg whites vs. whole eggs for a lighter & protein rich frittata. A whole egg & egg white blend would also work.
- A frittata is easy to customize to your family taste preferences and the seasons. The flavor options & ingredients are limitless. Use the 8 eggs/½ milk ratio as a base and be creative from there.
- NatureRaised Farms Gluten Free Grilled Chicken Breast Strips + fresh Pico de Gallo + black beans (canned/drained) + Mexican 3-cheese blend
- NatureRaised Farms Gluten Free Grilled Chicken Breast Strips + steamed broccoli florets + roasted red pepper strips (jar) + cheddar cheese
- NatureRaised Farms Gluten Free Grilled Chicken Breast Strips + caramelized tri-color bell peppers + shredded crispy cooked hash browns + Monterey Jack Cheese
- NatureRaised Farms Gluten Free Grilled Chicken Breast Strips + sautéed mushrooms + chopped chives + feta cheese (or goat cheese)
- Use NatureRaised Farms Southern Style Crispy Chicken Strips in place of NatureRaised Farms Gluten Free Grilled Chicken Breast Strips.