Marinated Mediterranean Grilled Chicken Salad
Total Time 1 hr.
Preparation 40 min.
Cook 20 min.
Fresh char-grilled chicken breast meat on hearty, chopped romaine lettuce topped with roasted cauliflower, marinated artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers, Kalamata olives, toasted pine nuts and crumbled feta cheese. Drizzle with zesty lemon and olive oil vinaigrette.
Italian Herb Char-Grilled Chicken:
12 ounces NatureRaised Farms® Grilled Chicken Breast Strips
2 Tablespoons light olive oil
1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning blend
Lemon and Olive Oil Vinaigrette:
¼ cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
½ teaspoon lemon zest
½ teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning
⅔ cup light olive oil
1 cup cauliflower, fresh, cut into florets
¼ cup light olive oil
½ teaspoon Kosher salt
⅓ teaspoon black pepper
1⅔ cups romaine lettuce, chopped
½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
½ cup roasted red bell peppers, strips
½ cup marinated artichoke hearts
½ cup Kalamata olives, pitted
2 Tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
Italian Herb Char-grilled Chicken
- Preheat open-flame grill to medium-high heat.
- Coat the chicken breast strips evenly with olive oil and season with the Italian herb seasoning. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. Transfer to clean container; set aside.
Lemon and Olive Oil Vinaigrette
- Combine lemon juice, Dijon mustard, garlic, lemon zest and garlic pepper seasoning in a bowl; whisk to blend.
- Slowly add olive oil in a steady stream and whisk until emulsified; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine the cauliflower, olive oil, Kosher salt and black pepper in a bowl; toss to coat evenly. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet and roast for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender and golden-brown.
- Toss romaine lettuce in a bowl with feta cheese, roasted red peppers and lemon and Lemon and Olive Oil Vinaigrette (see recipe); set aside. Arrange the salad on a plate and top with marinated artichoke hearts, Kalamata olives and Roasted Cauliflower (see recipe). Shingle Italian Herb Char-Grilled Chicken Strips (see recipe), over the salad, and finish with pine nuts.